Monday, June 14, 2010

Of Wedding Bells and Celebrations



So much love is in the air! Here and there, people are getting married. I wonder when my time will come. =) Heeee... I was touched when I read Wafaa's post about her Mumsy.. Honestly, I would never understand how she feels, but I know she's a strong girl. And I also believe that friendship is a bond that could never be broken, given time, distance of anything in between.

I tried calling Mum earlier yesterday, but I couldn't get through, so I tried calling her today instead. Tears of joy, so they say. And that was exactly how I felt. I love Mumtazah, and I pray she'll be happy forever! I finally got hold of some pictures, and here they are! Aren't they cute?



I pray that their marriage will be blessed forever and ever! =)

That's about the first wedding. On Saturday night, I went to my first Arabic wedding, held in Grand Hyatt Dubai. It is the lady's reception and all the guests were ladies!~ Weeee... I was excited as this is the first time I would be going to such party, and I spent the whole evening getting prepared. I even made up mummy and adik. Haha. It looks okay I guess. =)


Well, Arabs have something against taking pictures during the reception as it is an all-ladies-reception, so most of them will be wearing long dresses and dancing all through the night. Thus, these pictures are taken at home, while waiting for daddy to finish his dinner. No guys allowed, poor daddy was left at home all alone. Hee..


We arrived at the ballroom at about 9pm, and we took a seat with mummy's friends. The bride is one of her students in the Dental School! We were first served with the starter, and after the bride comes the main dish will be served.

How do I put this into words? The bride was STUNNING!!!! She wore a tailored dress with swarovski studded all over and a long veil. It was a backless dress but she did something which I did not know how to describe here. We can't take photos, so I can't show you either. =( Her dress was white, and she walked down the aisle slowly like a princess on parade. My mum even suggested that I must buy my wedding dress here in Dubai. Honestly, the dresses here are just beautiful, but I kinda laughed to that dream of buying them as it would only come true after at least a couple of years! Haha.

After an hour or so, yes, after the delicious main dish, the guests started to wear their abaya and shawl. Mummy said that the groom was to arrive. He was a handsome man indeed, and was accompanied by two other men and a few flower boys. The two other men MUST be the bride's muhrim like her brother, if not, they will not be allowed to enter and see the bride.

After they have put the groom on stage with the bride, they left the hall, and some ladies start to take off their abaya. These ladies MUST be the muhrim to the groom, like his sisters as he is still in the hall. See, it's kinda complicated to fully understand the flow, and I don't know what's the original tradition.

Oh well, I still enjoyed myself so much and danced till dawn!~


from Dubai with love..~

No comments: