Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Atlantis & Burj Khalifa


I'm having a great time in Dubai =) I'm really sad that I will have to leave tomorrow =( But I'll be coming here again, anyway, so I guess I'm not THAT sad. Haha. I still have a one month holiday so I need to start planning real good so that I wont be wasting any time. Daddy has already proposed so go to Singapore to visit our uncle but we need to find the exact date - when adik is having her overnight. =)

Yesterday I went to two of the famous places here in Dubai - Atlantis The Palm and Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.

So daddy came back from work and we had an early dinner and we went to Atlantis to watch the sunset. Atlantis is situated almost 8km from shore, and you'd have to go like under the ocean to reach the hotel. It's B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.! It is one of the wonders of the world and I am proud to say that a Malaysian was involved during it's whole construction! And I know him!!! Heeeee...



It was kinda warm when we reached the edge of the palm as we were literally in the sea and it was rather humid. We stayed there to watch the sunset, and saw the first glimpse of the crescent moon. It reminds me that no matter how far two people are from each other, they are never too far away, as at night, they'll still be staring at the same crescent moon =)


After that, we went to Dubai Mall, my current most favourite shopping mall of all. There were hundreds of stores including the largest candy store in the world - Candylicious! Too bad no photography was allowed inside the store =( The store itself was delicious with every single chocolate you would ever dream of in the whole world! Oh, they also comes with souvenirs for M&M's and Hershey's! Haha.



Then we went outside to watch the most spectacular water fountain performance, a musical fountain! The choreography was amazing! And every 20 minutes the show will be on with a different song and different choreography. I've heard that it was inspired by a musical fountain in Vegas! I wonder how someone could come up with such precision and accuracy! Heeee..... =)




The musical fountain was located exactly under the foot of the tallest building in the whole wide world - Burj Khalifa. It is 828meters high and has more than 160 stories!! I've read about it before, and I've seen it myself last night. It was spectacular!!!
So yea, Dubai is really a place of wonders and I believe in a few years to come, they will be a lot more wonders that would come by =)


No comments: