Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Those Years



I am awfully elated today, as I just came back from seeing my so-long-lost friend. She's Daniah, now doing psychiatry and Biology in Canada. She's a Pakistani, yet has been in Malaysia for 10 years, thus her Malay is good :) Her parents works in HUSM, where my parents work, so yea, my dad has thing thing of bringing back people home especially when they just arrived in Malaysia just to make them feel comfortable and stuff. That was how I got to know her. Her whole family came for a dinner at our house, and since then we contacted each other occasionally and we will meet during special occasions like Eid.

Our friendship became closer when my youngest sister enrolled in Kelantan International School. She was 8 years old then, I was 14. Daniah was in the IGCSE class along with other students that I eventually got to know like Saliy, Manar, Nabiha, Todor, Andrea, Vishesh and a whole lot more! During holidays, I would join their classes just for fun, and I even participated in a debate competition. It was fun and funny!! I really had a great time. I even thought the whole grade how to dance! Urgh. Looking back, I think my steps were awful!!!

I miss those days when I would just hang out with everyone at Saliy and Manar's place, and we will be gossiping non-stop about EVERY single guy that we knew!! Such girls were we then, and I believe not much has changed though it is almost 10 years now.

Next thing I knew, I was in Sunway with Andrea, Daniah and Nabiha were in Taylors. And that was the last time I saw Daniah.

I kinda like see Daniah as my twin sister, though we look nothing alike. She has this Pakistani look that is definitely a head turner, and me, I'm just a plain Malay girl. But the way we think, the way we act, is SO similar. Even our birthday is only TWO DAYS apart! How cool is that?? Haha

After Sunway, I enrolled in Medical School and almost left everything behind. I miss those days, I miss my friends, but I had no means of being connected to them again. I don't have their phone numbers *we used to use the house phone* nor their emails.

And miraculously, I found them again on facebook!! We exchanged walls for a bit before sinking in our busy schedule, it's exactly 12 hours difference between Canada and Malaysia, so I did not expect much. That was when I saw this on my wall....


I was literally screaming in excitement! I longed to see her, I love her company SO much! So we decided to meet up today, and we did!

I waited in front of PPSG in HUSM and when she was finally there, I couldn't believe my own eyes! She was there, right in front of me. It took all I had to avoid myself from screaming, as we were in the Dental Faculty, and we started to scream and laugh and hug each other all the way to the car!!

We spent the whole evening updating each other on everything we missed for the past three years at Secret Receipe and it felt like the years had never gone by. There were so much that we had to share, yet sometimes, as I sat there looking at her, I felt like I can already tell what she was about to say, and sometimes we say it at the same time and laugh out loud!

Apparently, we were in the same boat all the time, we were twins, no wonder. Haha. She understood most of the things I'm going through, and I understood hers. Till now, staring at this screen I still wonder how did we got so comfortable with each other that we never felt separated at all.

And as usual, we camwhored! Haha. But I did not bring my camera, so all the pictures were in hers. I'll try to remember to update them later =P

We planned on seeing each other again in KL at the end of this month. She's leaving to Canada in August, and God knows when I'll ever see her again. But I know that whatever I do, and whatever she's going through, she got my back and I got hers. We're planning a gathering with the rest of the gang. I hope it'll work out. Can't wait to see you again dear!!!! =) *hugs*kisses*



Oh, I just found out that the smart guy from the class, Todor, who is currently in Oxford just got a perfect mark for something something that he took in uni. OMG, who gets a PERFECT????? He's super genius!! LOL.

No comments: