Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Girlfriends

All I needed was to tell her I needed her, and I twitted her..

That was all I had to say. She's all the way in Great Britain, and I have no idea of how to get hold of her. She's a friend since high school, which makes this year a good 10 years of friendship with laughter and tears.

I think about an hour after I posted this, which I almost already forgotten I have, my cell rang, showing a private number. +60301. That's the number that usually will appear when someone's trying to call you using Skype or anything. Since my parents are here, I suspected nothing.

To my disbelief, it was HER!!!!!!!

We talked for a good hour or so before Skype started to cut the lines.

We talked about almost everything, what's her plan since she has already graduated, how's her life over there. She shared with me a few things and we laugh non-stop over the phone.

I told her what I'm facing, and being a good listener, she did not suggest anything, but simply said, "Honey, you know what's best for you, and even if it is the wrong step now, you will definitely make it through, and I'll be here for you."

That's why I love her. She never made me do anything, she just listens. Only when I ask, will she tell me her point of view, but if not, she will just keep it to herself. She never says "I told you so" and will always be there even if I took the wrong step.

Oh, I miss her so much!!!!

I haven't seen her in almost a year, and by the end of this month she'll be back for good, insyaAllah, unless she gets a job somewhere in Vietnam or something, so she said. LOL

I can't wait to spend my days with her. We still have a lot to catch up, and a lot of story telling to do! This calls for a slumber party, once you're back, okay dear???

My friends are all going to the 'career-woman' phase right now. I feel so left behind. Why did I choose medicine anyway? Oh, they do need a doctor after those long hours in the office, don't they? Heeeee......

I can't feel more blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. Thank you sayangs.. Love you girls so much. And I don't need to say that our friendship is forever, as it is more than that, across time, across universe, God willing, across lives.

Oh, I was asked of why I love them so much, the answer is easy.. It's a girl thing =)

No comments: