Thursday, July 8, 2010

Of Floral and Perfumes

I remember talking to Daniah yesterday about a boy she knew that had bad breath, and she asked me, which one bothers me more - to have a bad breath or bad body odour? The answer was simple, body odour! To me a person should at least be aware of how they smell in general. I don't mean that you have to smell all flowery or anything but at least have some courtesy towards others. Sometimes people do not realize that they smell bad, and if it's your friend, do tell him or her. It would mean the world to them. They might not know why people are starting to avoid them so much, and think that it is of a different matter. But hey, they invented deodorants and perfumes for a purpose you know!!!

I am a HUGE fan of perfumes. I have tonnes of them! Since in Dubai, a bottle of perfume is really-really cheap as compared to what they sell here in Malaysia, each time I'm there, I would get myself a bottle or two, just to add up to my collection.

When I say I have a lot of perfumes,I mean A LOT!! My collections include.......

Curious Britney Spears
Believe Britney Spears
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom
Elle Yves Saint Lurent
Yves Saint Laurent Parisienne

Pretty Elizabeth Arden

Guess

Romance Ralph Lauren

Back Xs Paco Rabanne

Heiress Paris Hilton
.......etc......




The very first perfume that I ever had was Curious by Britney Spears. It was released in 2004, but I only purchased it in 2006. The fragrance is a white floral scent. Its notes are Louisiana magnolia, golden anjou pear, lotus flower, tuberose, star jasmine, pink cyclamen, vanilla-infused musk, sandalwood and blonde woods. It gives a fresh smell, energetic and lively. I would wear this to classes and on casual outings as the smell is not really strong and it pleases the people around me =)

Summer in Dubai this year, I bought DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom. This perfume has recently been launched earlier this year and it took me all I had to restrain myself from buying it here in Malaysia. The price would have been much much more expansive then. Hee.. I've never tried any of DKNY perfumes before, but this one gives a bit of a fresh-floral touch and is extremely soft for the smell. Mind you, I don't really go for those stinging perfume smells as I can't stand them and I get dizzy. I would choose this on for casual outings or a date =) The smell is soft, so you won't mind to have it on you for formal occasions either.

Next on the list is Guess Pink. I never really figured out the actual name for that one, but when I first smell it, I immediately fell in love! Ecah was the one who introduced me to that perfume at Kota Kinabalu Airport on our way back from a college programme. It opens in accords of berries along with apricot, then seduces with blueberry, nectarine and a juicy peach. The base caresses with the sensuous notes of musk and vanilla. It was released in 2003, but I only got hold of it in 2008. I don't mind, as long as I finally get it =) The smell is soft, and it comes with a pouch, so I usually take it with me while I travel. I've recommended nearly 10 people and influenced many into buying this one!

Then there's Pretty by Elizabeth Arden. I was in KLIA going to Singapore when the promoter asked us to try this new product then. Wafaa was there too, and we were like, 'I'm so gonna get this!!!' The floral heart is surrounded by a mélange of fruits, wrapped in a well-rounded background of serene woods. At its core is a premiere ingredient, Petalia. I immediately called my mom and asked her to buy me a bottle, which came with a miniature, and she had it for herself. =) Heeeee... Oh, this was also my birthday gift for Wafaa's 21st. I used to wear this perfume a lot during my third year, and my group mates will know that it's me =) Haha. This perfume gives you a hint of confidence and makes you feel pretty at the same time! Perfect for meeting people, clients or patients at any time of the day!

Then I have the Elle Yves Saint Laurent. I would say I got a very good deal for this one as it would have cost me a fortune to buy it in Malaysia!! Opening with citron and lychee smoothed by peony, the fragrance follows with a vibrant heart of jasmin sambac and pink berries and ends with woody notes of patchouli and vetiver. I would say that this perfume is a bit strong for me, but I suggest to wear it during parties and dinners. It will definitely rule you out and you get noticed. The smell is not like those I have had before, but still, I love it!

Another piece from Yves Saint Laurent that I have is Parisienne. This one I completely love. I was in Pavilion when the promoter handed me a sample, and I fell in love completely! It was released somewhere last year, and I couldn't stop myself from purchasing it last winter!! It has a combination of vinyl accord, cranberry, blackberry, damask rose, violet, peony, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood and musk which makes the perfume perfect for daily activities like shopping or hanging out or even to class! *Forgive me, I'm STILL a student* =P

I have another piece from Britney Spears, Believe. This one I bought in Sasa Alamanda almost immediately when it was released - while the workers were still hanging out the posters! I don't know why this perfume was not really a hit, but for me, I love the smell. I wore this all through my second semester in medical school! =) This perfume gives me a balance of sophistication and youthful spirit, patchouli aura is wrapped in a wink of sensual amber and pink pralines. It's not really soft, so I would suggest that you wear it when hanging out at night especially.

I once got a perfume for my 20th birthday, Romance by Ralph Lauren. I would say that this perfume is refreshing, flowery and woody at the same time, and definitely perfect for a romantic evening - as the name suggests - a perfect outing with friends, hanging out and meeting people. The smell is pleasant and also soft that it can draw attention towards you and you fall in love again =)

My next favourite is Black Xs. It is also my baby sister's favourite perfume as well. She wears it to school! Haha. Seriously! It reminds me of her, a lot! The fragrance has notes of hellebore rose, tamarind blossom, pink peppercorns, cranberry, massoia wood, patchouli, vanilla, black violet and cacao flower. I think the smell is not really soft, though not really strong either. Suitable for teenagers *cough* and anyone who wants that youth smell.

Then there's Heiress by Paris Hilton. This perfume to me, has a bubble gum sweet kind of smell which reminds you of the joyful days of childhood. Really, the smells travels, and you can smell it's sweetness from miles away. The notes include passion fruit, orange, peach granita, champagne mimosa, star jasmine, tiare flower, ylang ylang, honeysuckle, dewberry blossom, grenadine, violet leaf, vetiver, tonka bean and blonde woods. Oh, I just love the smell. Perfect when you wanna hang out for fun and leisure, or if you're planning to attend a party. =)




So yea, these are among my most favourite perfumes so far. I still have some other perfumes, but I'm not really fond of them. They include CKin2U. CK Euphoria and Coco Chanel.

I choose a perfume not because of the reviews in the internet or anything in between. I would choose a perfume that is gentle to my sense of smell, which I think can work well on me. For me, my perfume would be perfect with a sense of softness and floral. I would sometimes go with very distinctive smells, but that seldom works on me. It doesn't define me.

I believe that every single one of us have their own preferences in smell. Thankfully, I have found my soul mates in this - Syazz and Wafaa. We could go perfume testing ALL DAY and list down all the perfumes that we think is nice and I would buy them when I'm back in Dubai. Anyone wants perfume now? Hehehhe. Syazz LOVES Heaven by Ferragamo while Wafaa.. We kinda have the same taste when it comes to perfumes, though not all. She's more into Issey Miyaki and Forever by Mariah Carey. Haha. But we have a few bottles which are the same. Oh, I have no problem of smelling the same perfume with anyone, as I truly believe that the perfume picks it's master. Haha. Seriously, you wont smell 100% the same!!! =)

And oh, I still have a few other perfumes in my wish list!!! Haha. If you ask me what I collect, the answer is PERFUMES!!!! Yay!






Which smell defines you?


2 comments:

ms. mac said...

whats mine is urs, wuts urs is mine. i mean our tastes...in perfumes...huhuhuhu

NaNa XD said...

definitely Wafaa!! Haha.....