Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yawn...

Today was quite a long day for me. Waking up at 7, I had to get ready to go to an orphanage - Rumah Darul Hikmah as our Young Mercy group is having the last trip there to do some cleaning for the house.

It was raining, and I thought, what a way to start a day.

I arrived Street Mall Campus quite late, as we had to gather by 8.15, but anyway we left late due to the rain.

As we arrived, I was in shock to see the condition of the house. Everything, I mean it EVERYTHING was available but not to their reach, and not just that, most of the places were quite dirty, even the smell of rat urine. Okay, if that's not bad enough, I actually saw 3 rats!!!

So we started of cleaning the whole house and even cooking. Me, as usual had great time with the kids. Some of them were really naughty but there were nice ones as well.

I was told that not all of them are orphans. Some of them are there because their parents cannot afford to have them say for a month, and after that they will return to their parents' house.

I wonder, why do these people want to burden the life of these innocent kids??

To me, if you want to open a home, you should do it wholeheartedly and sincerely. Don't do it just because you want other people to think that you are nice or you're trying to win an election of anything else for that matter.

I was quite close to a little boy who had stomach ache and a mild fever - Ikmal. Yes I know he is not the most adorable kid, but he was kind and gentle, and he hugged me while sleeping. It breaks my heart to see him in so much pain and I promised to see him again whenever I get a chance. I really hope I will.

At 3 all the work was done and we had our lunch in a talam. It was very cool and interesting as the last time I had that was when I was very-very young, breaking fast at my village's mosque. I felt close to the children, and to my friends as well.

Then I left to visit Adik in SSP. Me being a sister-mother role, I don't think I'm strict enough as now she's home with me, saying having a 'flu'. Yea right adik. You'd better get that straight A plus!!!!

I feel like singing again =)

I just took cough syrup and my eyes are shutting down. Will upload the photos when I'm back in Kelantan =))

Can't wait for tomorrow. Going home is soooooooo cool!~ I miss my home sweet home!

Life is not always sweet and easy, sometimes it's complicated.

No comments: