Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Decade of Love

I've always enjoyed reading. Books, no matter how lengthy can always entertain me. I definitely have a few of them which I prefer to read over and over again.

I remember when I was young I would literally force my parents to read to us story books before going to bed. And eventually, that is the habit I carry to this very day. Sometimes on nights I cannot sleep I will simply grab a book and read it till my eyes eventually get heavy. But sometimes I will read a book till it finishes no matter how sleepy I am or what time it is.

Advice: Don't buy a new book when exams are coming!

Anyway, today I have officially finished the third installment for the novel written by a famous writer - Ahadiat Akashah. Most of the people my age will know him, all his novels are legends. They are what we've read when we were younger and still read till this very day.


I was just 10 or 11 when I brought home the first installment - Lagenda Budak Setan.

It's a love story beautiful beyond words, about a love so strong that it could overcome everything. And in the end, it is true - till death do us part. Love and lost. The love triangle between Ayu, Kashah and Katerina brought smiles and tears simultaneously to me while reading. It's always something I have believe in, true love can never die. No matter how you try to forget a person, he or she will always have a place in your heart.

True love? I don't know if a love ever existed, I would want to witness or own one some day.

The novel wasn't mine, it was my friend's from primary school. A few years back, I found the very same book in a store and immediately bought it!! I have a thing for the books I like, and I would not hesitate even a single moment to own it.

Anyway, I cannot remember exactly when did I read the second installment for the book - Katerina. Again, it is about love and how your soul just sink deep into it, and in the end you're lost, without knowing how to resurface. Adik has also bought this book recently at the Book Fair in PWTC =)

I found out about the third installment just recently and I went to every book store I could find, asking if they would have the book. The book was published in 2005, five years ago, so it was rather difficult for me. I know some book stores in KL which would most probably have it, but I was at my hometown then.

Today, I finally found the book while accompanying my Adik to buy some books. Started reading it at about 6pm, at 11.15pm I finished it all. *minus taking a bath, eating and being human =P* The title - Kashah, Lagenda Berakhir. My emotions ran wild while reading the book. It included laughter and tears, and definitely did not let me put it down before finishing it. Sorry to whoever who tried to call or text =P

The legend is over, it has come to an end. What the ending is, I would keep it as a secret, as I believe that there are those still interested in reading it.

The first book is now turned into a movie with Farid Kamil, Lisa Surihani and Fazura *I love her!! Oh my Dior!~* in it. Anis, can you ask your brother if I could attend the premier screening??? I will watch ALL his movies after this!! I promise!! Haha.

This is the trailer of the movie. There are some scenes which are different, and even I suspected so. But I am so looking forward for this movie! It will definitely be good. 3rd June 2010....

4 comments:

ms. mac said...

i nk tgk gk ar cte nih! huhuhu

NaNa XD said...

jom cik wafaa... kite mintak ticket free dari anis.. hehehe

ms. mac said...

kalau boleyh free lg bagus! i on aje!!! huhuhu

NaNa XD said...

hahahaha... jom.. put in our diaries - June!! Ajak everyone!!! heheh