Friday, October 8, 2010

Tun Mahathir The Musical

Being a fan of musicals, I asked *cough*forced*cough* my dear Syazz to accompany me to the latest musical that is now showing in our prestigious Istana Budaya. It has been a while since Uda dan Dara that I've watched a musical, and I had heard rumors about this musical long before it was played.

Tun Mahathir The Musical



Overall, the musical for me was entertaining though a bit draggy. Sure it can't beat Puteri Gunung Ledang the musical though.

This musical started with the birth of Tun M, portrayed how he was a good boy and never skipped any of his mengaji classes though he is coaxed by his best friends, how he worked so hard to get money, and studied hard too.

Then came the scene when he first met Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah. According to Tun Siti Hasmah, the love scene were all just stories, but we will never know if it is the real love story between them :) It was sweet, and in that scene it showed how lucky Tun M was to be able to capture the heart of the only Malay girl in the campus!

The political scene was extremely draggy, and being someone not so interested in politics, that scene really bore me. The ending sorta concluded that Malays are unreliable and can't change their mentality. Sigh. It's a bad impression on Malays, and I don't think I stand alone on that thought.

Anyways, after the theater had ended, we went to NZ Gardens for supper. I was super hungry as I was fasting during the day and had nothing but a piece of bun. We planned on eating at the cafe but there was a heavy traffic jam and the rain made it worst. Nevertheless, we managed to get there in time =)

I think we should think of better ideas for musicals. Take Puteri Gunung Ledang the musical for instance, a legend brought to life on stage, the story was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

Oh, I'm looking forward for Natrah in December =)



The beautiful surprise was, I met Eda!! It has been years since I met her! You look hot babe!!!

No comments: