Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sleep

Sleep is an essential part of everyone's life. Since the day we were born, we sleep :) I love to sleep, so I usually find it hard to tolerate my sleep with other activities. I would eveb rather sleep than eat! Haha. Honest!

I have friends who share the sane hobby as me - sleeping. Somehow, when we sleep, everything seems to be okay and there is nothing left to worry about.

I can sleep anywhere I want to, as long as I have the desire to sleep. I can sleep while waiting for public transport, in any forms of transport, and anywhere at all! I once slept on the stairs near the mosque at Masjid Jamek while waiting for my friend! Haha.

Despite being able to sleep anywhere I want, I am fussy when it comes to sleeping on my bed. I must sleep with a blanket, no matter what the temperature is. And I need to hug something while sleeping, which will make me hug my pillow I'm lying on! I can't sleep if there are a lot of things on my bed, so usually I will just throw them off, and I need comfy clothes. Jeans are a total no-no for me.

Sometimes sleep makes tomorrow come earlier, and when I'm excited of something, I would try to sleep as early as possible. Sleeping early doesn't mean waking up early for me though. But sleeping is definitely a way to pass time.

Another habit that I have before going to sleep is reading a story book, or anything at all for that matter. When I was a little girl, we had those bedtime story-time every night at home, and daddy or mummy will be reading to us books such as Baba Yaga, Goldilocs, Cinderella and so on. Somehow I think it really contributed to my interest in reading.

I have friends who have certain conditions before sleeping such as no lights at all, no turning of the lights, must have music and so on. When I was in pre-U, my roommate was a really light sleeper that even the sound of me opening the cupboard will wake her up. It was really hard to tolerate in the beginning, but I learn that sometimes we will have to accept other people just the way they are. I really wonder where she is right now, Fayroozah!

I love sleeping and I think it is a way of relieving stress to. After a difficult exam paper, I would be all better after a loooong deep nap! Haha.

So what's your favourite thing to do?

No comments: