Thursday, October 7, 2010

How to Treat a Girl

Many times I've been asked by guys about how to treat a girl. Some of them asked for advices on gifts, how to surprise their girl, how to coax their girl and so on. I know that for boys, girls are the most complicated creature ever, yet to leave without them, means not living at all. And hey, that's vice versa. No girl would not want to feel the love coming from a boy, to be ignored by them and be treated invincible.

To me, we girls are not complicated - though sometimes we do not even understand ourselves. Oh, blame the hormones running through our veins for that! Mood instability is a common symptom for girls, especially at *that part of the month*. Some girls handle it better than other, some just might throw tantrums to you!

My answer to this question is simple. I would want to be treated like a princess. Haha. You know how my being a princess has always been a fairy-tale-I-don't-wanna-wake-up dream is. And no, I don't want to be those snobbish princess, those who give out orders simply and demands this and that. No. Not that type of a princess.



I want to be the princess in my prince's heart. Someone special, who would look up to me, forgive my mistakes, tell me when I'm wrong, make me feel safe and protected.

So, here's a simple checklist for all the guys out there. These might not work 100% and the results vary from individuals. But all in all, every girl has a dream of becoming a princess, and girls will always be girls. So spend some time to capture their hearts, and they'll love you for eternity.
  • Surprise her with gifts, but not too often and not too pricey! You'll end up makiing them spoilt and demanding instead
  • Tell her she's pretty, even when she just woke up, and mean it!
  • Tell her how special she is to you. Trust me, she wants to know it!
  • Try not to raise your voice when you're mad, send your message in a tone that is more demure and to her level of sensitiveness
  • Wipe her tears away
  • Make her feel safe and secure
  • Make her laugh
  • Surprise her with visits and special occasions
  • Admit when you're wrong
  • Know when to tell her that she made a mistake, with the right tone and gesture
  • Show her how special she is to you
  • Give her as much attention as you can, even if it is not all your attention
  • Listen when she needs to talk or just babble
  • Look into her eyes and tell her you love her
Now that's just one part of the checklist. There's more to it, but I'll let you guys improvise. Girls will always be girls. They might look all toughen up on the outside, yet inside their hearts are soft and fragile.

And to all ladies out there, sometimes we do make mistakes, and we have to admit that. So when our man tells you that you've done something wrong, it doesn't mean he doesn't love you anymore, it just means he wants you to be better. No one is perfect, and no one will ever be. Listen to them, as they are the one person *apart from your family* that will love you no matter what you've done. Because they do.

No comments: