Sunday, October 3, 2010

Of Starting a New Life

Last month, I went to my first classmate's wedding. It was an exciting event, and many of my ex-schoolmates came. Usually, we have hardly 20 people during reunions, but this time, a little over 50 came to give support and share the happy day with the lovely couple.



Nisa was a new student who came into our school after PMR. She came into my class, and no, we did not became instant friends. I had nothing against her, I was just overwhelmed with all my activities at school and had less time to mingle with the new comers in our batch.

Eventually we got close, sang songs during preparation class together, share silly jokes and fool around together =) I shared my secrets, she shared hers.

After school, we went our separate ways, yet we tried to find time to update each other and keep track of our lives.

But life events came in the way, and we got separated. It's difficult to get in touch with friends, moreover when both of us are in medical school. We got drifted apart, and I lost track of her. She was away in Alexandra University, Egypt. Time difference makes it difficult for us even to chat online with each other.

When I received the wedding invitation via facebook, I was elated! I knew about Fahd as she has told me about him during our online chats before. I was on top of the moon, as it was my first classmate's wedding! All of us were excited!

The night before the ceremony, I almost forgot all about it. Since I don't have internet at home, I was outdated. Thank goodness Eri texted me, and we went to her house together.

Nisa was stunningly beautiful, like an angel from heaven. I was mesmerized when I look at her. She was no longer the little girl I knew back in 4 Usaha, but a matured woman about to start a new life.



I was in mixed emotions, happy and sad.



Nisa,
I wish you all the happiness in the world. May your marriage be blessed forever, and may Allah shower upon you everything you dream of. Your fairy tale has just started, and I pray it will last till you breathe your last breath on Earth.
I will always be here, as a friend you can share everything with, a shoulder to cry on and to support you in everything that you do.
You've made an excellent first step, the wedding was wonderful. And I believe that every step you take in the future will always be blessed.
I love you Nisa, and I pray for all your happiness, and for our friendship to last till eternity.


Ps: Fahd, you take care of darling Nisa, love her with all your heart, and make her the happiest woman on Earth, and with that, I believe you have nothing in the world you would wish for.


pss: I think it is advisable to do our reunions during weddings. So, who's next?

2 comments:

syamine said...

nice one nana!!!
so sweet!!!

who's next??
haha.. just wait n see

NaNa XD said...

thanks syamine!!!!!!!! hahahahah lets wait!