Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let's Dance

Yesterday while having lunch with Syazz, Pink pm-ed me and asked me if I would be interested to watch a movie with her later that evening. Since we had no classes, I agreed. Syazz wanted to come along as well, but she was worried if we could not get back by time as she has some errands to run that evening. So I met Pink at Petronas P9 and off we went to Midvalley.

Who knew that finding a parking on a weekday at midvalley would be next to impossible. However, we were lucky to get one very near to the lift. We decided to watch the 5.30 movie instead of the 3pm one as the movie was in 3D, and we would want good seats to watch it comfortably.

So after a few hours of window shopping + arcade + one scoop of Baskin Robbin's, we stepped into the cinema.

I have always love music and dancing. I used to perform during my school years, yet it has now included in the long list of things that I no longer do. I used to turn on the stereo and just dance in front of the huge hanging mirror in my living room, besides singing on top of my lungs in my room *cough*shower*cough*.

Step up - a movie of music, dance, drama and life.

The choreography in this movie is marvelous! And the main actor and actress are owh so effin' hot! Hahahah.

There are some parts in the movie where I find interesting and touching, and some just made me want to get up and dance again. It was a film that I would want to watch again, be it to waste time or just for relaxation. It was light, yet it has its own message to take back.

People expresses themselves in different ways. Some in bright colors, some in weird clothing, some by influencing other people, some by performing and some by helping out. Each and every individual is special, they are important in a community, no one is insignificant. Even the people we meet along the way in life, though only for a few seconds could bring impact to our lives. We might not realize it immediately, but there will come a day in life when we will be thankful for every single life experience that we've been through and we will be able to look back with pride.

What I learn from this movie is that friends and family are those who will either be on your side supporting you, or try to get you to their side and make you a better person. They will not just follow your orders blindly and sometimes might not agree with everything you do. They will tell you where you went wrong and what you should do, and sometimes they know you better than yourself. They will always see the potential in you, and the best that you may be, and they will give you the courage and motivation to be your best at all costs.

Now, dancing anyone?

No comments: