Saturday, October 16, 2010

Goodbye Bones, Hello Clinics :)

It has been some time since I updated about my studies and postings I'll be in. So yea, this week is the final week for orthopaedics and next week I'll be entering the next posting - Family Medicine. Being in fourth year is different from third year in a few aspects. Firstly, we no longer have holidays after each posting. This year we're having only 4 postings, thus the holidays are only after two postings. Secondly, we have exams after two postings. It means we will have to study for two postings instead of one for the exams. Besically, it means studying more. Haha.

Anyway, I'm done with orthopaedics, without any exams. We had a mock exam earlier this week. It was spontaneous and we only knew about it on that day! Most of us were going to surrender since the marks are not counted and we discussed the papers at the end of the session. Thankfully, most of us passed :) heeeee.

Due to the final year examination, we were not allowed to enter the wards for two whole weeks. It basically meant holiday for us, and without access to the wards, we lack of practice in physical examination and history taking. We were considered as the unlucky group *only to those who are studious* as we had less patients in Terendak, and Serdang didn't help much.

My group mates has changed this year, though I still have Chia and Isha with me. However, I am grateful that my group mates are those who are very easy to mix with, and they are also very friendly and we had a great time together! We went for karaoke sessions, shopping and eat eat eat!

Next week we're starting the new posting and the group has been divided into 3 subgroups. I don't know what to expect, but there's one thing I know which is I have to start studying now, if not I will surely regret it by the end of the posting! I've been playing around too much during ortho, so yes, back to basics again! I think I'll start next week. I need to get the book 1st. Anyone going to Kamal???


I still miss my dolls tho :( I need another girls night ladies!!!

No comments: