Friday, February 25, 2011

Never Grow Up







Can I turn back time to when nothing matters, all that I looked forward to were toys and my blanket? And all that could make me cry were scrapes on my knee and my tummy grumbling.

Can I go back to when nothing can harm me, nothing would hurt me and I would be protected?

Taylor Swift sang it all in this song - Never Grow Up. Especially the part where she mention to be tucked by herself and turning the night light on.



I miss being a kid, an innocent child. I miss just laughing and playing all day, making belief that I'm a princess waiting to be saved by my prince charming, waiting to have that one and only true love, and live happily ever after.

But love is never happily ever after. It comes with much more than that, and no, if given a choice I don't want to fall in love, and be stuck as a child forever. I would not dream of growing up, I would dream of playing my whole life long.

But life is life, and we can never undo the course of nature. I have to grow up, I have to be strong. I have to face the world with so many pain and suffering, and sometimes love.

I have not just been hurt, I have hurt others as well. And no, I'm not proud of myself for doing that. I have a chest full of histories that could rip me out and tear me down. I wish I could lock them all up, turn the OFF button and wake up tomorrow having amnesia. Simple.

There are things in life I've done that I regret, things I've said. Nothing can change, not now. Sometimes I wish I could wake up from this dream.

But life is not a movie, and if I don't start to realize that now, I would regret, as there is no RESET button on this one.

2 comments:

ms. mac said...

:'( this post spoke to me...so sweet and true.....

NaNa XD said...

wafaa, it speaks of us. love you doll