Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Day Before Raya~

I am currently in Melaka. It's really fun as it has been so long since I celebrated the first day of Syawal here. I miss to be around all my naughty yet wonderful cousins, the havoc and noise when everyone is around and also to just be with everyone here.

When I was a little girl, I used to spend my whole school holidays here, and I would cry everytime mummy and daddy wants to bring me home. I just love being here though I get bullied by my older cousins. Being only in a family of girls, my male cousins are like brothers to me and so does the rest. We are all so close, sharing secrets and gossipping all the time. One thing you have to bear in mind is when you are here, NEVER leak anything you would not want people to know. This family is just too caring till they will let everyone know. I remembered when I fisrt noticed the lump underneath my ear, my aunty chik called, her voice so worried as if I have brain tumor!!! Haha.. But that's what I love so much about them..

I miss the time when I used to play with all my cousins, playing card, hide and seek and making baju raya for my barbie doll =p .. Those times has definitely pass me by, some of them has already married, having children, being engaged and so on. Now it is no more about fairy tales and dragons, no more make believe and pretending, now it's all serious matters, though the tease and fun are still there, just not on the same topic anymore. Now I have 10 nieces and nephews!! I really can't believe how fast time flies, but it does.

I miss being a child where I can do mistakes and be so innocent about it, where there is nothing else bothering my mind and I my heart knows no pain. I miss being able to just cry out my heart whenever I feel like it, not having to hide my feelings, pretending everything is okay.

I still enjoy my time being here, though things have changed. We may be talking about different stuff - boys, work, studies, graduation - but everything still seems the same.

Well, being it the last day of Ramadhan, let me recap what I have done during the whole month. I did not have much time to see other people apart of my friends in the current posting, so most of the time I spent with them. We went for iftar at every possible *delicious* restaurant we can find, trying out new food and going around for visits.

We went to visit Zubalqiah's patient in Bagan Lalang and had the opportunity to play around the beach. It was SO beautiful! The scene was spectacular. The ikan bakar was also amazing!! :P This is the Ramadhan that I have to spend the most since we are so far away from college = no free food for us :( . But somehow, we were really happy.


And not to forget the community we are approaching for the community health program. Ok, it was exhausting. I did not sleep the whole night doing the community diagnosis and I lost weight like almost 10kg!! *good for me:P* But still, I am grateful to have such supportive group mates and friends. Now it's holiday and I really miss them!!!!

i


Despite the busy schedule, I managed to attend my highschool reunion. Everyone was still the same. I miss the time I had during my highschool, I miss my friends. Though I also had hard times there *who doesn't* but those are the happiest times in my life.




Now, it's already the last day of Ramadhan. Time flies. I'm afraid if there is something left to be done, something left to be said. What I am really sure right now is that I am happy and if I could, I would want to always be like this.

No comments: