Monday, September 21, 2009

It's raya people!!

It's raya people!!! Today was super fun! Firstly, I woke up just in time to do everything necessary - helping my sister and cousins dress up, cleaning up a bit and taking care of the kids... I had to prepare Aida whilst taking care of the babies of the house while their parents and grandparents went for solat hari raya. Huda was very interested in the make up and we put some on her cute face. At least it kept her distracted from looking for her mummy... :P
After everyone's done and prepared, the photography session began. We did not have any professional photographers though Aty is secretary is the secretory of the photography club in her school (can you really take a photo Aty?). Haha. Along is not back yet, so no tripod stand :( . But we managed to take beautiful pictures anyway.

It has been three years since I last celebrated my 1st day of raya here, and honestly I knida feel like the raya spirit is back. Haha. To me, raya is not just having your new outfits, making the house look sparkling clean or anything, but it also means spending time with the people you love - top priority = family. My family is everything to me. EVERYTHING. I really like to celebrate here. It's not that I do not like to celebrate in Kelantan, there are just more people here. And some of them I have not met for almost a year *Pak Busu - currently working in Africa, Pak Lang - in Singapore, Kak Ani - in Egypt studying medicine.* I am always in Kelantan during school holidays. Maybe that is why.

Anyway, afterwards we went to the usual routine house that we attend to every raya. The only time we ever visit these houses is during raya. Haha. Tok Teh, Pak Bu Su, Mak Lang and Mak Uda. Everyone keeps on commenting on how grown up we were, the three of us. I mean, time flies and generally people grow to become more matured and definitely older!! Haha. We are definitely not Benjamin Button people!!!

Then we went back to nenek's house and had super duper fun cam whoring. Well, it is raya, right people???

Oh yes, not to forget, we also had a very special guest... FARIZ!!! Haha.. I'm so sorry I gave you the wrong direction. Thanks so much for coming, and do come again ok. At least you got duit raya right?? Hehe.. Next time you'll know where to go. Hehe. He came alone since Zeti had to help out and Ad was tired *just got back from Dubai* . Suddenly I miss Istanbul..~

Now, I'm counting the minutes before my train departs leaving Tampin station and I will be ariving Kelantan in another 12 hours or so. Honestly, I do feel sad. All those people waving just now could really bring tears to my eyes. It's been long since I had so much fun during raya.
Well, what next?
More celebrations, perhaps??

2 comments:

cheryna zamrinor said...

u must be one strong girl to travel from tampin to kelantan. hmmm...my mum used to tell me how exhausted she was when she was travelling to kelantan.

and what is in kelantan, btw? u're staying there? maybe i should visit your blog again to know what is going on:)

happy hari raya.
i love all your pictures...i was smiling when i saw them just now.

maaf zahir batin.

and yes, family is everything:)

NaNa XD said...

yea. it is exhausting, i can barely sleep on the train. But thank goodness nothing happen along the way and we managed to arrive on time =)

owh, kelantan's my other hometown, my mum's. =)

Happy hari raya to u too.. have a blessed one!