Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lat the Musical






Being a huge fan of musical and broadways, I can't say no when a dear friend asked me to come to the latest musical in town

Lat
Kampung Boy
Sebuah Musikal

I can't agree more that Harith Iskander and Hans Isaac had done a great job directing this musical and the whole team, Awie, Atilia and the rest were simply superb!!!


A few of my friends have watched the show, and all they gave me were positive feedback, so I was excited to watch the show.

Lat the Musical is based on Lat's life, his cartoons, and everything else. If you grew up reading his cartoons, this is definitely a must watch, for those who don't it is surely a pure musical that complies with what it takes to make a play turn into a musical.

What I find interesting in this show is how the concept of One Malaysia is put together. There were dialogues in Malay, Mandarin and also Indian language, and it shows our multicultural country well.

The whole show is based on the true story of Lat, or Dato' Mohammad Nor Khalid, how he managed to be a renown cartoonist, recognized all over the world.


From this play, there are two most important lesson that I've learn:

1. Nothing is impossible
Lat proved that he could become a professional cartoonist when all his friends laughed at him to have such bizarre imaginations. The whole world knows his name, Lat from Ipoh, and he is forever proud to be called a Kampung Boy. He never forgets where he comes from, that's most important =)

2. Behind every successful man stands a strong woman
This play shows the sacrifices made by his wife when he was gone, the pain she had to go through raising their children. She was lonely, and needed him sometimes, but at times when he was just too busy to be there, never did she turned her back on him. I have really high respect for such woman, and I pray one day I'll be the woman behind one man as well.

There were some parts in the play which were really hilarious, and a few made me cry.

I would say the songs were catchy and the tune was good. The choreography? Splendid!!!

Tonight is the last night of the show. So to those who missed it this season, lets hope there's another season to it =P







ps: PGL is still #1!~ Will there be a season 4?

No comments: