Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Papa's Girl

Farid started working when Aleesya was about two weeks old. Lucky for him most of the time he was in a periphery ward, so he was able to come home in the evening.

Aleesya was initially a bit grumpy when Farid first left for home, but since everyone was around, I guess she didn't mind.

A few nights back Farid was doing night shift, the first time after about a week and a half. 

So at 11+ I tried to put Aleesya to bed, changed and fed her as usual. But somehow she won't close her eyes. She was even grumpy and wanted to latch on though not feeding. 

We tried everything, from putting her in a dark room, singing, rocking.. Everything. Then it crossed my mind that maybe she's missing Farid since every night before bed Farid will be talking to her and lullabying her to sleep.



So I tool Farid's kain pelekat and wrapped her around it, offered feeding, and poof, she's asleep! 

Guess I'm not the only one who misses her papa that night.

Day by day she looks more and more like him, which is something that I don't mind at all :)

Sigh, Aleesya, mama loves you to the moon and back! 

No comments: