Sunday, November 27, 2011

Disappointment, For the Love of Music

I LOVE singing, though I know I don't have an angelic voice. I sing to entertain myself or just simply.

I have been to a lot of karaoke centres, KTV, Redbox, Superstar, you name it. It is hard for me to say no even if i have just been karaoke-ing the previous night.

Due to my love in karaoke, when an offer came for just RM40 for 4 people for 3 hours, I had to purchase the Groupon. It was at Facekara, at Viva Homes. I've never been to Viva Homes, but all my previous experiences were awesome, so I thought, why not?

And yes, I think you figured that it was a total disappointment. Why?

1. I called to book on Thursday for the midnight session from 11pm to 2am, and the person said that he had our rooms booked. He also told us that we have 2 complementary snacks and 2 complementary tidbits which could be changed to whatever say 3 tidbits or 4 snacks or whatever. Snacks in Redbox means chicken wings and those sort, so I was looking forward to change all my tidbits into snacks. Upon arrival we were told that we couldn't do that. I didn't wanna argue much, so I just walked into our room.

2. When Era was singing Siti Nurhaliza's Sendiri, suddenly the electricity went out! Imagine that. Thank goodness they had some backup so the lights were up in no time, but their computer system crashed. Era had to leave by 1 so she couldn't continue singing which was really sad since it has been a while since I went out with her. We spent almost 45minutes waiting for the system to reboot or something, and we were told that we were granted another hour. And all that we had was just another bowl of chips -.-" Honestly, the least you could do is give everyone another round of drinks or something.

3. So our 3 hour karaoke which should end at 2 was postponed to 3, or so we thought. At 1.45am our screen went blank. I went to the main counter and complained, thank goodness she gave us another extra hour. I mean seriously, our original time hasn't ended, what more the extra time given. I was rather pissed, but I decided to just keep quiet.

4. Previously, in other karaoke centers, even if you time is up and you are still singing they will allow you to finish up the song. But Chia was singing and the screen went blank and we were like -.-"

5. The juice and carbonated drinks are RM2, but the mineral water is RM6! And there is nothing special about it, AT ALL

So we were walking to the car when the 6th incident happen

6. The guard locked ALL the doors to the parkings!!! I mean seriously, as a guard working for that particular building, don't you know that there is a karaoke centre which closes at 3 on the weekends. And worst, he was like, "why aren't you guys back?" and all I did was give him "the look" as I did not have the energy to reply.



So, I made a conclusion that i will NEVER go there again. Alamanda's karaoke is way better, and even the karaoke stalls are 3000% better! I just spent 4 hours wasting my time there. But oh well, I did enjoyed a few song selections.

Ps: the actual price for that place is RN179! Imagine wasting THAT much money.... -.-"

1 comment:

Group Buyer said...

well, you can buy the special promotion for Facekara deals at This Link now.