Monday, November 7, 2011

Of Lost


We seldom remember that all we have now is temporary, and that one day everything will be taken away, just like that. At that point in time, all we've done through all the years would seem insignificant, and that we are heading to somewhere greater.

Yet the small things in life influences our life the most. We would be searching for our phones like mad if we noticed it missing even for 5 minutes, wondering if we missed any calls or messages, we would shop for pretty clothing and bags and shoes. Sometimes we even postpone our prayers during our times in the shopping mall.

Today we receive bad news - a lecturer just passed away.

He suffered from metastasized malignancy, and after going through a lot - chemotherapy and all, he finally breathed his last breath earlier today.

Al-Fatihah

He was the head of department when I did my first clinical posting, Community Medicine, and trust me he was so tough on us. We hardly get enough rest! I remember staying up till 4am and presenting for 3 hours the following day. We even stayed up all night to finish up our presentation.

Looking back to those days, I believe it has made me and my group mates stronger, and closer bonded to each other. He was just teaching us to be tough, and not to whine and simply give up.

A great lecturer? Indeed.

I haven't had the luxury to see him much after the posting, and each time my friends went to his house I had something else planned with my family, and now I know it is too late to regret, but I wished I could see him for one last time.

It is weird to miss him this much, but I do miss him.

He was influential, dedicated and helpful. And he was always there.

Prof Bakar, I pray that you will be placed among the Believers, and insyaAllah I will always remember your advice =') Thank you for everything.



If I could, I would like to make amends to everyone I encounter in life. I don't know if I would ever live to see another day, or if I'll die in my sleep. And in the end, it doesn't matter who is at fault. All I would want to say to everyone is that I'm sorry, and thank you for being a great addition to the colours of my life.

No comments: