Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ms. Aziah Ab Rani

When I first found out that kakak was getting married, the first thing I did was cry. I never thought it would ever come this fast, and soon she'll be someone's wife. It felt as if a huge part of me will be gone, and I felt so lonely, more than I ever was.

We were really close since young. She's my bestfriend, my sister, the place where I tell all my secrets and share all my tears and joy. I look up to her in everything that she does. There are times when we will disagree, but we can never stay mad at each other for long. We were brought up to appreciate and cherish the sibling bond that we share. And for that, I am really grateful.

Kakak is not the type of sister who would actually show how she feels. You don't know if she is mad at you, or just plain worried because her reaction will always be the same. But she has always been so garang since we were younger, and I guess I'm used to that aleady :p

As we grew older, things got in our way. But it does not mean that we were less close. We don't even have to talk to each other, but we understood. There were even times when we would have the same hint of something that is going to happen. And I think somehow we are able to read each other's mind. I believe most siblings have that 'feel' and you can just look into each others eyes and understand.

Then Farouk came into the picture. Honestly, I would accept whoever my sister chooses, as long as that person makes her happy. So Farouk, please shower my sister with love and happiness till her last breath. She's yours now, so keep her safe.

I have never seen my sister so happy before. The gleam in her eyes, her skin that glows, everything. And I'm glad finally she married the person she loved.

Her akad was on the 15th of July, a simple ceremony, followed by two receptions on the following day, and last weekend was the reception in Johor Bahru.

Kakak,
I wish you all the best in life, by the side of the man you love. I won't deny that I will be lonely not having you around, and that I won't have anyone to go to in the middle of the night, but don't worry about me, I'll try to be fine. Make sure that Farouk makes you happy, if not he has to face both adik and I, and believe me, he won't like that. We will always be sisters, and I want you to know that no matter what, I wil be there for you.
I will definitely miss you.

And yes, I don't say this often but I love you, and I wish for you all the happiness the world couldever give. Take care, and be good!

No comments: