Friday, June 17, 2011

That Book

Before you left, we made a promise to write in that little book. To share what we felt at times when we were apart. I had mine, you had yours. And before we went our separate ways, we made that promise. A promise to stay true. A promise to share.

You left. And I was numb. I can't feel anything, I was lost.

I kept my promise, I wrote in that book. Everything I felt, what went on with me in my life.

But then I found out you didn't keep your words. You didn't write a single thing. You claim you were busy with your life.

I had to act like I understood, when truth is, my heart crumbled with those words.

Till now, I still have the book with me. I don't read it anymore, not like I used to.

But I flipped its pages today. And that feeling came. And I had to hold my breath to let it pass by.

My heart is just as vulnerable as how my feelings was then. Even today. Even tomorrow. As my shattered heart will never be the same again. It might be stronger,could be weaker, but not, never the same.

No comments: