Monday, April 22, 2013

Some Things Are Never Gone

Have you ever lose something so precious to you? Something that you cherish, but out of pure carelessness you lose it and you can't express how deeply sorry you are that it is gone?

I have.

Last week I lost my wedding ring in my ot scrub. I had to assist as it was an emergency OT (usually guys will do it but it was Friday prayer time) so I just barged in, not realising that the ring was still on my finger till I started to scrub in. Being worried I was late, I took it off and put it in the pocket.

The op ended at 3, but at 7pm I realised that I left it there. That time we were on our way back home, and Farid turned around to look for it.

But it was gone, on the way to the washing centre in Banting, where all the OT scrubs from Klang Valley are washed and sanitised. I made a call to the supervisor, in tears, begging her to please at least try to find it. But on the way home, I told Farid how sorry I was and he just asked me to not think about it.

At 6am the following day, I received a call. They found my ring. In the midst of all the scrubs, my wedding ring was found! I was so happy I couldn't sleep and I was awake all day! Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah!! Call it takdir, destiny or fate, but I know that ring is meant to be on my finger forever :)

This incident made me realise that things that are meant to be yours will never be gone forever. It doesn't have to be something physical, for example if you have been trying so hard to pass a certain test but still fail after multiple attempts, don't lose hope as if it meant to be it will always be. If it is not, there is always something better awaiting.

Same goes to those who are heartbroken. If two people are meant to be with each other, nothing in the world can come in between. But if it is too hard to even be together, then it might not work out, and there must be a reason for it. Stop blaming others or yourself and just move on, and trust me, you'll be happy with what you will find in the end :)

As for me, Farid is making me me leave the ring at home when I go to work (honestly I like the fact when people look at my finger and ask if I'm married and with a big grin I'll say yes) so I am doing that now. Hehe. I don't want to lose it again, not now, not ever! My heart almost stopped beating when I noticed that it is not on my finger!!!!!! I know Farid can always buy me a new ring, with more diamonds and more expensive, but this will always be my favourite ring as it is a symbol of the day he took me to be his wife :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love u!