Sunday, April 7, 2013

My First Buy!

Even though I'm halfway through my pregnancy, Farid still doesn't think that it is a wise idea to start shopping for Baby just yet, as we haven't known Baby's gender. Fair enough, I thought, as I am in no rush to buy anything and just keep the cash stacking up till its time :)

I've talked to many mummies to find out what I should buy before the baby arrives and what can be on hold till later. One of the many suggestions is to get a good travelling system for Baby as he/she will definitely be travelling not just in KL!

This weekend there was a babyfair at Midvalley so Farid and I decided to check the strollers out. I have a few in mind, with prices that range from a few hundreds to a few thousands. I've also been looking through a lot of reviews regarding this and I decided to settle on something that would suit 'me' most. I'm small, and sometimes I am so weak that I can't even open the Evian bottle by myself. So the first criteria in finding my own stroller is the weight. I must be able to carry it with one hand, and it is a plus point if it comes with a carrying bag!

My next criteria is that it has to be fit to my size. I'm small, so I don't think bulky strollers would suit me well as they will be a trouble to manoeuvre and to handle especially when I'm alone with Baby.

So after surveying a few brands, and even going to some shops as not all brands are on sale, I finally settled with a Quinny Zapp Xtra + maxi-cosi Pebble baby carrier + carrying bag!

What made me chose this is because it is really easy to fold, and once folded it can fit anywhere. I even tried to put it in the carrying bag and sling it around my shoulder, perfecto! The maxi-cosi carrier is a flight compatible carrier. Baby is definitely flying to KB to meet onyang, or JB to meet Aunt Azy and Uncle Farour, or even Sabah to chill with Uncle Chia! We might not have any out-of-Asia plans till Baby is at least 1 year old, but who knows, right? *wink*

So I am really happy with my purchase!!! I know some of the mom's out there will wait till at least 7-8 months and buy cloths first, but to me, I need to bring Baby around with me and an investment on a travelling system is definitely up on the list!! And the fun part is to be getting a free gift when you purchase stuff at the babyfair! Hehe

For the next purchases I'm looking into breast pumps (need to stock up before I start working) and bottles!! Then we'll be looking at baby furniture!!! Honestly, I am really excited to get all of these stiff in one go, but for now I'll divide the excitement so that it will last till Baby arrives!!! If not I'll be looking at Baby stuff and wanting to buy buy and buy! Hahaha

Can't wait for the next appointment!!! I miss Baby already!!

No comments: