Friday, December 18, 2009

Some Things Happen

It's been one week since I came back from Dubai and I am still having my jet lag. Maybe because I don't have much time to rest as the new block has commenced and I feel really new to all this. I'll be staying in Putrajaya Hospital, which is to my relief. I really wanted to stay since most of my best friends are back here and Iqah is undergoing a surgery again, so I feel obliged to stay. I WANT to stay, and thank you God for granting my wish and answering my prayers.

First week in Internal Medicine was really fun. But I still cannot see the trend in the disease and I sometimes feel blur and do not know what to do. Sometimes I feel blur when the patient comes with certain complains, not knowing what to ask. Thank goodness I have friends who help me in my history taking, thus I hope I will be better. I haven't done any physical examination yet, maybe next week. Since most of my patient needs full physical examination from head to toe, seems like I'll be spending the weekend reading Hutchison's. Haha.

Anyways, I did something very fruitful yesterday. People who know me will know that I am not really lil-miss-tidy. My things are everywhere. So last night, I spent 4 hours (Yes, FOUR!!!) from 8 - 12 midnight cleaning and rearranging my room. Since I have not unpack yet from my trip to Dubai, it was really something that I had to do. My study desk is in a mess, my surgery notes have not been put into the right place yet and my medical books are everywhere I could hardly see my table, what more to even have space to work on it.

Tidying up the table did not take much time, after putting everything into a box, my perfumes arranged (I just got myself YSL Parisienne!! *j'adore*) , my surgery books put away and my medical books stacked on the desk, it was time to clear my closet.

Honestly, I just realize that I have A LOT of clothes that it took me nearly 3 hours to re-arrange them and place them in order. Since I had nothing much to do, I went through everything, arranging them according to type ie. formal, dresses, traditional wear, home wear etc. A friend inspired me through her blog when she arranged all the stuff according to colour, and that was exactly what I did!! I also got rid of all the other stuff that I just know I will never wear, my clothes since my first year in medical school and other t-shirts which just look like it could just be thrown away.

After hours of arranging, re-folding everything, ironing and everything, I finally got everything in order. And even after putting everything that I know I would not use aside, I had 2 full plastic bags of unwanted clothes, I still end up myself with A LOT of outfits! I have 27 dresses!! Honest! I did not know I had that much. This does not include those which are yet to be washed and which are already at the dry cleaning.

I am so getting myself a walk in closet when I have my own house someday. I honestly do not know how my closet here will be able to survive though I really hope it will. This really gives me no reason to go shopping for at least a few months. (can I really stand it?) Well, I am not really a shopaholic, it's just when I've got my eyes on something, I must have it, if not I will end up buying nothing at all.

Well, after all that, I made myself a bowl of maggie and enjoyed a Hindi movie on youtube. Haha.

With all the new space I have created I am really glad I spent the time doing it.


Today's holiday, so it's a really long weekend. I went to Damansara to run some errands and prepare some stuff. I still have a list of to-watch-movies. Maybe I'll start tomorrow =)

Yes, I had a tough week, but I managed to made it through and it has definitely made me stronger. I learn a lot, the hard way. And though it hurts, I believe things will always be better in the end and things will be forgotten in the end. People go through hardships all the time, and what I am going through right now is nothing.

My current mood - Footprints in the sand by Leona Lewis

You walked with me
Footprints in the sand
And helped me understand
Where I'm going

You walked with me
When I was all alone
With so much unknown
Along the way

And just when I
I thought I'd lost my way
You gave me strength to carry on
That's when I heard you say

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled with sorrow
And despair

And I'll carry you
When you need a friend
You'll find my footprints in the sand
When I'm weary
Well I know you'll be there
Cause I can feel you
When you say

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled with sadness and despair
Oh, I'll carry you
When you need a friend
You'll find my footprints in the sand

[choir]

When your heart is full of sadness and despair
I'll carry you
When you need a friend

I promise you
I'm always there
When you need a friend
You'll find my footprints
In the sand

No comments: