Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic


Ok, at last I found time to go to the cinema and watch this movie. I thought it would be worth it, as it has really wide publicity and all. But I ended up wondering why did I choose this movie above all others that are now in the cinema.


To begin with, the movie does have a storyline, well, it is based on a best selling novel. But the way it is put together is kinda a bit jumbled and does not really mean anything. I would rather watch Ip Man all over again than watching this movie. I would say I did regret watching it, such a dissapointment.
This movie might entertain those who are into fashion, shopping and all that goes along with it. But for me, it does not have what it takes for me to classify is as a movie that is good. A good movie for me is not just entertaining, but it has to have more than that, more than just a pretty girl in a pretty dress finally being able to realize and tell the world what she is made of. And definitely more than just a handsome guy to be someone who falls for the pretty girl and gets together. They definitely found the right girl and guy to play the role in the movie, but not enough to make it alive.
Personally, this is just another movie where you can watch it and tell your partner what is going to happen for the next scene. It is too predictable. Do not get me wrong here, I have NOT read the book yet. I believe, as many others have too, good books does not make good movies. It is not as simple as that to put writings into life.
I regretted feeling so eager to watch this movie. Maybe it could have been much better sitting at home doing my work or studying. Seriously, literally.
There are some good things about this movie though. For instance, there were some good lines in this movie which does make me stay in my seat in the freezing cinema. I am someone who looks for good lines in movies, lyrics, posters and so on. So it made me stay. Besides that, I would have just walked out.

No comments: