Saturday, April 18, 2009

That's not me!

Have you ever looked into the mirror and wondered how have you become who you are today? Some may wish a different reflection might be staring back to them, wishing that time would have erased all the sorrow shown in the pair of eyes. Would you want to wake up and wonder who is that figure staring back into your eyes, a smack on your head when you realize time has passed you by without even bothering to slow down while you laze yourself to find the meaning of your life. In the end you finally realize that the thing you have been looking for has been staring right in front of you. For those lucky ones, it might still be there, static, waiting to be held in the arms. For others it might be too late and there might be nothing left to be said. Just a piece of memory that will haunt you in your sleep forever.

Mirrors may reflect a lot of things, sometimes those things that you would not want to see. It's like a reality check as if you have just woke up from a long and seemingly endless sleep.

When I looked into the mirror today, I know who I was. I just hope when I looked at it again, it would be the same old me. Changed to be better I hope...

No comments: