Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Terendak Fever

I've known all along that I would have to go to Terendak Camp, an army camp in Melaka in my second year. But time flies so fast, I'll be leaving to Terendak in one week!!



Scared? Definitely
Happy? Erm.. dunno
Ready? Will I ever be?
Excited? No comment

We've done a lot of training for this camp. One thing that is for sure, we have to STAY FIT! It's going to be a six day camp without any means of communication with the outside world, hardly being able to clean ourselves and definitely sleep deprived!! It's been quite some time since I went camping. The last camp that I can remember is the UNESCO camp in Pahang that I went to when I was 16. Well, that's like.... 5 years ago! God, that was fast.

Okay. So besides the physical and mental preparation, we also had a very long list of items to bring to Terendak including triangular bandage, poncho, torchlight and so on. So I went shopping on Sunday as it was my last weekend before I'll be leaving. Thanks to Aunty Roza and Uncle Baharum for entertaining me to shop all my stuff =)

Still I have things to buy and prepare. Quite a long list I may say. What entertained me most as I entered class today is the 'clearness' at the boy's side. Maybe you would wonder why. Terendak camp is a military style camp where we will have to do some military stuff ie pumping, jogging, climbing etc. One of the compulsory criteria for guys is for them to become BALD! Haha.. Seriously!! Some of them has already cut their hair, thanks to Ali who has a shaver and the talent (erm, to become bald, no talent really needed, aite? LOL:P). He charges them RM3 (reasonable eyy?) for them to cut their hair. Maybe by the end of this week it will be a clear field. Some if the guys who have long hair will definitely feel sad to cut off their hair. Thank goodness I do not have to cut mine :) .

So, Terendak's coming. It's going to be a long 6-day camp. *sigh* What's worse is that we will be coming back on Thursday and we will be having our finals for Disaster and Relief Medicine. How crazy is that? After a total of 6 days with just like maybe 3 hours of sleep each night (well, that's lucky enough), how am I supposed to study for my finals next week??? Wanted to bring my notes, but don't think that's a good idea. The schedule will be packed anyway.
Now. the second week of Public Health. Get studying for the assessment!!!!!

No comments: