Monday, March 2, 2009

Small things do matters

Last night before I went to bed, I glanced at my sister's hamster's cage. "Kakak, is Hockey Pockey still alive?" My sister then asked me to try to poke it or make it move, and luckily it did.

But this morning, when I woke up, I heard my sister say that Hockey Pockey has died. Just last week we brought him to the vet. Maybe it was time, and Hockey Pockey has already lived for more than one year, making him an old man in some way.

Back to the very beginning, I was never fond of Hockey Pockey before. I dreaded times when I had to help my sister change it's bedding in the cage and so on. But eventually I find looking at him on the hamster wheel rather fascinating, and he is a cute little fella.

I just can't stop my tears, seeing my sister extremely sad. All things do come to an end. It was better for Hockey Pockey to die rather than suffer. The vet told us that he might have had cancer.

Hockey Pockey, you've been a wonderful little hamster. Though you eat a lot and smell some times, I love you. And I will always miss the sound of your wheel when you're on it.

No comments: