Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Shopping

I'm stepping into the third trimester soon, and now am starting to think about more important things about Baby. For example where will Baby stay when I go to work, when to take my maternity leave and so on.

Initially I wanted to take my leave from 36 weeks, but when I think about it and after a long discussion with Farid, we think it is wise for me to continue on working and be active till my water breaks (or on regular contractions )

After deciding that, we decided that we have to start buying stuff for Baby real soon. It was not easy to decide what we want to buy, and also the budgeting, what more being a new couple.

So, I've divided my baby stuff into a few categories:

1. Travel
I will need to bring Baby to a lot of places, and some might even involve traveling by air. So a good stroller as well as a baby carrier and a car seat will be much in need. Other accessories can come later on :)

2. Bedtime
As we know, babies sleep most of the time. And Baby will definitely need a comfortable place to sleep in. So this category will have
- baby cot
- mattress
- cot set
- pillow
- mini mattress (on the floor)

3. Feeding
I'm planning to fully breastfeed my baby till 6 months, and expressed breast milk once I start working. This is a really important matter to me, as I know the benefits of breast milk to the baby and also the effect that it will have to my body, mainly for contraception :) so this category will have
- breastpump
- storage bottle
- feeding bottle
- steriliser
- warmer
- freezer (I'm getting a new freezer as I would not want my breast milk to be mixed with raw food and infect Baby)

4. Bath
Baby needs a suitable place to bathe. I decided to buy those 'mini swimming pools' to ensure that if anything happens the surrounding is soft and that Baby wont be injured. This category will have
- basin/pool
- soap
- shampoo

I can't list down anything for the clothes category as that will grow in time :)

Other stuff that I would like to buy:

1. Burberry diaper bag.
Trust me when I say if I ever get my hands on this bag it will be the ultimate baby bag. It comes with a changing mat and also it is so stylish that I can bring it around as my handbag as well!

2. Medical related
- thermometer (the only thing I can think about now)

So basically that's it. I'm almost 60% done with buying/booking the stuff, and I'm planning to complete the nursery by Ramadhan as I worry that I wont have much energy that time to walk in the malls (maybe, maybe not)

One thing that can make me really happy these days "mothercare"! Hehe.

Being pregnant is a wonderful feeling, and I don't feel heavy at all, Alhamdulillah. May our journey be blessed, and I can't wait to see you in 3 months :)

No comments: