Sunday, February 5, 2012

Saying Yes

I said yes.

Now that everything is official and set into place, I can finally announce it...

I'm getting MARRIED, insyaAllah :)

Just a few months ago, Farid and I were chatting and he said, 'In a few months things will be different, would you want to be with me and face all the changes together?'

I somehow knew it was coming, with kakak's wedding fairly after her final examinations, but there is always something in me which made all this commitment scary.

It wasn't as romantic as I pictured it would be as a child, no fireworks, no jets or hundreds of flowers, just a simple ring, and a question.

I looked into this eyes and wondered if I am ready to be with this man for the rest of my life, to have and to hold through thick and thin, and I realize, I love him, and much more.

Our relationship was barely a year old when he proposed, and he told his parents about the idea. So when my parents came back for their holidays, and they met each other. Everything was set. And I can't be any happier.

I know I haven't shared much about Farid before. My love life has been a roller coaster ride, with a lot of emotions involved, heartaches and tears, and also joy and laughter. But what I'm sure is that I am happy to finally find someone who can understand me, to be by my side in my worst state and to love me despite my monthly mood swings :P

And with all my heart, I love him too :)

We've been setting the dates, the venue, the color scheme, the dresses, bridesmaids and everything during this one month holidays, and I'm grateful I've got everything in order before school starts next week. I know it is not an easy task, but watching my aunt plan almost 10 weddings before me kept me on track.

I've got my budget list checked and rechecked, list of to-do's and necessities done. I'm practically all set for a wedding. :) Will update on how it goes, definitely.

Pray that everything runs smoothly, and that I will be able to endure the stress of all bride-to-be's better :) Ameen.

3 comments:

Ahyi said...

Congrats my dear! Ever since u out of BB group i hardly hear from u! Best wishes from kak zoe... ^^

Bruna said...

Woow congrats Nana xD The best wishes from Portugal ;)

NaNa XD said...

Akak Zoe: Tqx so much

Fulllmoon Princess: Tqx dear :) will be updating again soon!