Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Because It Is Lonely

To be all by yourself

So you opt to linger around, hoping that someone will pick you up from the dirt

And wipe the tears away.

But it doesn't happen, and all that is left for you is yourself.


I was talking to a friend recently, and he just got married. Not to the girl he loved, but to someone he knew just a few months, and decided to tie the knot. I'm not saying that you can't get to know your soul-mate in a blink of an eye, but I've known this guy for a long time, and I know he's not the type that would jump into big things like this.

So I asked him, what changed his mind, and he looked into my eyes and said,

"Nana, I've been in love, and out of love. I've loved a girl that cheated on me, and I've loved a girl that can never love me back the way I love her. I'm not tall dark and handsome, and I can't get any girl that I want. And if you say I am settling, yes I am, with a girl, a woman who I know can take care of me, and love me. Do I love her? Love can grow with time, can be nourished with care and tenderness. I'm not getting any younger, and I need to settle down, and I hope, as a good friend you can be supportive with my decision and pray for my happiness till eternity."

I wanted to cry, but I held the tears and smiled. And I vowed to pray for his happiness, forever.

Love is mysterious. It might come knocking on your heart's door when you least expect it to, and it leaves you wounded, so severe that nothing can make a broken heart the way it was ever again.

True love is to wake up beside the person you spend forever with and thanking God for that one face that makes you smile.

Some people are lucky to find it, and some are not.

But love is not just between lovers, it can be between friends and family.

And I wish for all the love in the world be with everyone that I know =)


I love you

No comments: