Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Of Syawal

In life, we often forget what means to us the most and we get busy with the daily activities that fills our schedule. We forget that time passes us so fast that if we don't appreciate what we have today, we might not have the time tomorrow.

The whole month of Ramadhan has taught me a lot about appreciating the small things in life, as there are times when we overlook these small things and take them for granted.

This Ramadhan, I learnt about lost, of how hurtful it would be not being able to celebrate Eid with the person you love, and knowing that you will never see them again. It's been long since I lost someone close, and though I see people pass away on a daily basis, the feeling will never be the same. I pray that those who have lost will be strong, and know that their loved ones are surely the chosen ones :').

I also learn about the meaning of being lonely. This is the first time I'm alone, as I usually have Kakak around, and the truth is, I haven't wake up for my sahur for quite a few days. I will wake up, chew a cooking, drink some water and that's it. I used to be someone who needs to take sahur, but somehow this year, I'm just not in the mood. Thankfully Grizzly was there, so there were times when he comes to have sahur with me downstairs or drives to a nearby restaurant, and yes, Amar, who is always insisting me to go to Rasta TTDI which is like so far! oh well, you're leaving in a few days, so I'll see you anyway.

Even Eid this year is different. Not being able to wish a few people breaks my heart, but I'm grateful to have the people who are around me. Those people who pushed me to stand up when I thought of giving up, and those who would help me bring myself back together. These people are the ones who have always believe in me.

I also believe that Eid is the time for forgiving, if not the whole year. I'm not perfect, and I'm bound to make another million mistakes or so, I hope everyone can help guide me through this stage called life. I texted s few people I haven't text in ages, trying to amend broken friendships. I hope this will pay off, in one way or another. Whatever the outcome is, I'm glad I finally found the courage to do so.

And to that one person who I don't have the number, I'm sorry for hurting you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, and we can be friends, as I would never want to lose s great friend like you.





I really hope this Eid brings tranquility to everyone, and that we give a chance to each other, to forgive, to forget, and most importantly, a chance for ourselves.

Eid Mubarak.

No comments: