Monday, December 29, 2008

What I love so much about Istanbul...

I've travel to many places in this world since I was a little girl. Though not really around the whole wide world, I may say I've travel to many parts which are famous and known across the globe. Some friends say that I am lucky, getting the opportunity to travel and see the world at a very young age. Well I guess I should count my blessings. Though I do not say that I was able to appreciate everywhere I went to, as I was still so young and did not really understood anything. Who can remember things or people or places they went to when they were 3?

I do consider myself lucky, having the chance to see the world. Indeed it is different to be able to witness with your very own eyes the architecture and culture that is present in different countries in different continents. I know not many are as fortunate to explore the world out there.

My recent visit to Istanbul was the most wonderful trip of all. Yes, I have been to Disneyland in three different countries, ride on boats, camels and horses. I've even been on a sleigh and played snow ball fights. But I miss being in Istanbul more than I miss going to the other places I have been to.

Could it be the weather? Or the scenery? Or the food there?

Nope, it was nothing like that.

It was the company that I had by my tour group of 24 which made me miss Istanbul so so so much. With them, even the dullest places seems so lively and chaotic.

I miss every moment spent in this funny, energetic and wonderful group. When we entered a restaurant, it would be immediately a full house!! We shared stories, jokes, songs... I wish that I could go on every trip with them, sure it would be awesome!!! But they say, sweet things are better left short to be appreciated. At the end to the trip, I appreciate the feeling of belonging, caring and love we had for each other. It had indeed been a wonderful and spectacular trip, but without these people, it might just be another visit to another country.

Our 1st group photo

Princess Island... The sun was shining SO bright after the drizzling rain...

Kak Shila teaching us how to jump-pose

After visiting the Blue Mosque... Everyone pose!!!!


Background - Blue Mosque.
I guess everyone's an environment lover after all

No comments: