Sunday, June 9, 2013

Of Dresses, Cries and Being Strong

I've been squeezing into my chiffons and loose blouses since the early of my pregnancy, and thankfully everything fits me just nice. Even at 6 months ++ of gestation, I am still able to wear my skinny jeans from Forever 21 and most of my peplum blouses.

As I approached my 7th month, I noticed that my tummy os growing exponentially. And last week I finally succumb to the fact that I can't wear my skinny jeans without keeping the fly open.

I haven't been buying any maternity wear that much, and I was never a big fan of maxi dresses, or any dress for that matter. I'm always comfortable in jeans and blouses. Mummy has been really excited from the beginning of my pregnancy and has bought quite a number of maternity wear for me, mostly formal, for work stuff, you know. If I were to go out, I'd just wear my House of Doll cape blouse or any chiffon blouse that I have and I'll be fine.

Last night we went back to my in-law's house for dinner, since we wont be coming back next week. MIL decided for a dinner outside and excitedly I rushed to my room to change (I was working earlier, so changing is something I look forward to after a day at work) Then I froze in front of my closet, I have NOTHING to wear! Most of by chiffons are at my apartment, and I'm only left with those which won't even button up!

At first Farid was helping me to find something decent to wear, but I ended up sobbing in his arms. I'm tired, I feel really big and bloated and I have nothing to wear. He promised for a shopping day tomorrow (which I will definitely claim) to buy some chiffon maxi dresses that could be worn even after the baby pops out!

I'm really grateful to have Farid in my life, as he just knows the right thing to say at the right time, though sometimes it doesn't really make things better. I'm glad he tries though, and I feel sorry for still feeling sad after his soothing words.

I'm also looking forward for a shopping spree to buy baby stuff. Like the tops and the mittens :) I'm feeling great, being pregnant and all, since I have to work everyday and my work requires me to walk like all the time.

Baby, I know you're gonna be a great child when you're born, a tough one since you went through hardship with me. I can't possibly give you everything in the world, but I can love you more than any love ever known.

No comments: