Thursday, June 27, 2013

Kids 101

When I was in medical school I've always loved the paediatric posting as I love love love kids. From being so lazy to go to the hospital, I'll become super rajin! Paediatrics posting requires a lot of patience and also reading in the same time.

Last week I entered the paediatrics posting as a doctor. You see, being a doctor and a medical student is wayyyyyy different in ways a person could understand it is to undergo it. The responsibilities, the courage and the confidence should double up every single day.

Yes, I think I'm in love with this specialty. Not only did I not mind not being able to sleep all night, I enjoyed it! I had my first night call and it was a rough one. But I loved every second of it.

Its not easy entertaining an ill child as compared to a healthy child. Ill children can be extremely grumpy, fretful, uncooperative and sometimes they'll just scream for no reason. That sweet little girl or boy you once knew will disappear! That is why I think being a paediatrician takes up even more courage and confidence, and also the ability to run a certain procedure towards the child that you know will hurt but it is for their own good.
Since I'll be on my maternity leave, I think I should start reading for my masters examination. Its not easy to study and work in the same time, especially as a housemen, so I think I'm gonna pursue this opportunity. Another blessing of becoming pregnant during housemenship!

On another note, Baby did not sleep throughout the night as well, kept on tossing and turning in my tummy. Farid is still doing the 7-10 shift, so our times clashed really badly yesterday :( I think someone misses papa so much. Definitely gonna be daddy's little angel in no time. Haha.

No comments: