Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Ramadhan Routine

I've never imagined myself as someone domestic, who cooks every single day and takes care of the house as I imagined my life to be super busy without any time to spare. I thought this Ramadhan Farid and I will spend it by buying outside food for iftar and sahur.

You see, we moved into our little space together as the journey to work is cut short and less taxing for our bodies, leaving us a home to be responsible for and to take care of.

The first day of Ramadhan I spent it with my in laws, since my shift started at night and honestly I was a bit worried about Baby to start fasting. I had a few hypoglycaemia episodes before and I don't want that to happen again. First day of fasting, and I didn't feel a thing. I was a fresh as ever and active as usual.

Then we went back to our little place and I was the one in charge for the meals and everything. So I started to wake up at 4.45-5am, prepared a simple meal for both of us, tidied up and get ready for work. After work (if I finish early for that day) I'll immediately rush to the kitchen to prepare for iftar, and after everything is done in the kitchen, I have my house chores to settle. By 10pm I'll be so tired that I just want to sleep.

Sometimes I do feel tired, especially being 9months pregnant here, so Farid will sometimes take over the kitchen and cook for me :) not sahur of course. Haha. But I'm glad I have a husband who understands my condition and allows me to rest when I need it.

I wanted to go back to kelantan so bad, but my doctor said no, so i had to abide by her rules :( I think I'll only be going back after baby is born. I can't wait to hold baby in my arms. Pregnancy has been kind to me, but I can't wait to be able to look, touch and feel this little one inside me :)

No comments: