Friday, November 6, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

It's been some time since a movie could bring tears to my eyes, and it also have been a long time since I enjoyed any family or romance. Well today I decided to stay home, as I have just arrived from Terendak yesterday. Bee gave me this movie. We wanted to watch it in a cinema at first, but then looking at the movie list, this movie has not been brought into Malaysia. Sometimes I wonder how issues such as genetically conceiving could be so sensitive to the people in this country. Or maybe it is the part where the main character demands to have control of herself, causing her to disobey her parents? But isn't that in ALL movies? Why is this one different anyway?

Enough of the country's issues.

The last movie I watched a few weeks ago was Law Abiding Citizen. Yes, it was definitely a good movie, I just love the storyline, but maybe the ending and conclusion of the story could have been better.

"My Sister's Keeper"

Is a very famous book indeed by Jodi Picoult. Though the movie is different, it touches your heart just the same. This is in my opinion a good adaptation from the original piece.

There are things which are closely related to our everyday life portrayed in this movie. I may say that this movie could bring tears to those who watches it and also reads the book. Every single second spent is definitely worth it.

sometimes we take things for granted, just thinking that there will always be tomorrow to say thank you, sorry and I love you, and the next thing you know, time has passed you by and it's already too late

Love is not limited to time, space nor distance. You will sacrifice every drop of blood in your body just to save a loved one. You would rather be in pain than to see them hurt.

Everything we do is for a reason, and everything that has happened has definitely happened for a reason. We think that we might regret not doing something, or we thing that things can change, but you will never be who you are today if you weren't the same person you were yesterday

Family is life (fullstop!) Love your family, your parents, your siblings and your relatives as long as you could, as much as you could. Tell them that they are loved and appreciated

Listen to the people around you, they may be telling you something hurtful, something that can definitely break your heart, but just listen, as you will never know if it'll be the last thing they will ever say to you
There are also some lines in this movie that touched my heart more than others.

"Will you wait for me?"
"I knew I took your first love from you. I only hope one day you will get her back"
"You gave up everything for me"
"I'm important too!"
"I'm sorry I let them hurt you"
"Sorry I took all the attention when you were the one who needed it the most"


There are still a few others, but I'd leave it to you to watch it.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch This Is It. Some fans would want to watch, some do not as they see it as an opportunity for some parties to gain benefit of MJ's death. But in the end, if you cannot give in glory, you can still rest in peace and glory. Another living proof, we do take things for granted.

2 comments:

Adibah said...

Nana..i loved this movie too and also Jodi picoult novels...
It was very touching story....

Adibah said...

Nana..i loved this movie too and also Jodi picoult novels...
It was very touching story....