Sunday, November 8, 2009

Movie Mania!~

What a wonderful weekend!! After 2 weeks of postponing, I am finally able to finish this post. Haih..

Saturday morning, waking up in my room in Cyberheights was totally bliss. But not completely, as I realized I haven't unpacked yet. Changed the plan for the day, going to Kamal Bookstore for some medical-book-shopping after an almost-breakfast at Mak Teh's. Well, just for the record, I don't really go there anymore. The service is SUPER SLOW, not to forget the food which most of the time is the reason for me visiting the restroom in increased frequency =P

Well, I bought a few surgery books, recommended by my dad and also the lecturers, and immediately headed off to The Gardens. I haven't had breaskfast yet, nor lunch, so we rushed to get a movie ticket and had a quick lunch. But I still managed to grab a new sweater beforehand =P

The first movie of the day......

JENNIFER'S BODY

Well, in my opinion this is just an OK movie. Nothing much to be so WOW about it. There is not much of a story line, just Megan Fox showing off all she has. Amanda in the movie really shine and she acted her part well, but being side by side with Megan doesn't really help you to show off.


This movie to me is rather a disappointment. I was hoping it to be better. But well, it was a light movie. The effects were good. The message... well I would say if I get one, it is, "make sure she's a virgin before you sacrifice her". Haha. LOL, I know.



So, after the movie in The Gardens, we rushed to Pavilion since our next movie was there. I bought the Michael Jackson's This Is It wayyyyyy earlier than anyone else just so that I will get the best seats and I am really dying to watch it.

I am not really his biggest fan. I am more towards a Britney, Taylor and those kind of artists' fan. But with MJ, he's a phenomenon. I would really want to see for real what he had done for the concert as I ahve seen a lot of it on E. Since his death, the Jackson's family was not let to be living in the same quiet condition. It's not that they have been all this time, but the sudden attention given could really break someone into pieces.

So there we were, waiting to watch This Is It..

This Is It.. Michael Jackson

I would say this is a very well documentary, revealing exactly everything needed about the concert and the people behind it.

I was talking to my lecturer the other day, about the fans who were divided into two - wanting to watch and not wanting to watch. But after watching this, all I can say, it is a win-win situation afterall.

Yes, they get A LOT of money for producing this, and YES, they used his death. But on the other hand, as fans, we get to see EVERYONE that is involved in the hard work for the production. This is not a planned documentary, every action, every move and every word that came out from everyone was just something sincere and simple.

To start of with, EVERYONE wanted to be in the production. Millions showed up to be included as a back dancer, as a backup singer or anything at all in that matter. The props, the setting, the dancing... It was incredible!

Sometimes I wish I knew what really happen in his life, but he is now gone, without getting the chance to let the last curtain call falls with grace and dignity. But his music has touch us all, and his spirit will live forever. Not just in all his songs, his dance, and even to his children.

My heart reached out to his family, especially his 3 children, Prince, Paris and Blanket. He must have done something right to be loved by 3 such adorable kids. I wish him well. May he rest in peace.

I think that's my update for now. Wait for the updates of the following movies:

1. Time Traveler's Wife
2. Pisau Cukur
3. 2012

No comments: